![]() |
| a few of the healthy, fit, enthusiests |
after finding out all the facts when I was stuck on the trail, I decided to just snap pictures of james in the elements of nature because I just wasn't feeling the essence of the great outdoors. we were never quite sure what side george was on. he just quitelly chilled for four hours.
we did however make it to the top, it got pretty steep and my short legs really needed to be a couple inches longer for some of the mountain scaleing, I feared for my life. just kidding, I had sucked it up a little by then. but my thighs were burning. 1200 calories burned later, we reached the top!
our reward was great and refreshing. we are grateful family members took these lovely pics, because while we heard the falls, we only caught a glimpse of them and not a full frontal view. george was shivering from being dormant for 2 hours and the terrain was a bit to overwhelming for a timid mother who wouldn't let her husband carry her only child down a slippery slope to see some falling water.
so we munched on some m & m's my mom was clever enough to carry in her pack and tried several times to get george to look at the camera for the perfect family photo op, while my mom took her own glamor shots, and then we turned around and went right back down where we came from.
pleased to reach the bottom and give our aching feet, and james shoulders, a rest we smiled for one last round of photos and pretended we loved every second of our ascent. my dad is M.I.A from this sweet action not because he is behind the camera, but because he had his wits about him when he was invited to go and stayed home. some thought him a lazy bum, I instead think he the brightest of us all. but we had fun none the less!!! I'm sure I'll have more brain lapses in the future. I could use to burn a few more calories.
we headed to grandma for good food, corn hole and relaxation. it was a memorial day I'm sure to remember.






No comments:
Post a Comment