We recently found ourselves some new digs (is that how you say we moved in cool ghetto tongue?). therefore I've gone up in popularity 87% this past month with my brothers because I have this cool new 2 room, 2 bathroom, spacious apartment with stairs for them to lounge around in.
(that and the play station was banned from my parents house and placed in mine which means they have to sugary sweet ask me if they can come over to visit and then nonchalantly ask if they can play their favorite games before they become crazed maniacs due to the withdrawals of not having their smarts drained from their gray matter)
Any who, I'm actually enjoying the new found popularity because being the only girl and the oldest has knocked me down to the bottom of all my brothers totem pole's, I'm not cool enough for any of their reindeer games, and I don't smell so clearly, I am an outcast (that and I can still beat their bums when they need a good pummel).
However, my brothers often times leave me little reminders after they have graced my presence, I guess a little house warming gift if you will.....
oh yes, that would be a left up toilet seat, where, brother #'s 2-4 have marked their spot in bright yellow. oh there is nothing better. I'm sure there is more "left overs" on the floor, but I don't dare look at that point. I've lived with boys for 26 years, all of my earthly existence, and urine left un-mopped still makes my ears buzz just a bit...
get used to it you say? it's been 26 years and it shouldn't bother me anymore! let me tell you this, there is nothing worse then running into your house on the verge of soiling yourself, dropping your pants full speed ahead and plunging down on the toilet seat that you so naively thought was ready to greet your bottom and instead falling in because SOMEONEBROTHER left the toilet seat up.
After you're able to pull your bare buns out of the bowl you realize the worst part of it all, YOU'VE JUST SAT IN UN-MOPPED UP PEE DRIBBLES! oh the shame, disgust and ear buzzing horror! from there you just strip down and leap into the shower. (and don't think about what goes on in that drain) the urge to pee will come back after you feel girly clean once more.
I must say this experience has left me crossing my fingers that this baby of mine comes out a girl, but my mom made the same wish and was jinxed with four boys so I'm a bit more careful of what I wish for. But through it all I think I could handle it, 26 years has taught me something about, boys, hose's and urine, and no son of mine will EVER EVER KNOW that he has the option of STANDING AND PEEING EVER!
but my boy can know that when he wants to play play station, he has four awesome uncles who he can sugary sweet ask for help in sucking out all smarts from his gray matter and making him feel like he's cool, even if their sister never was.
9 comments:
Oh gross!!! I'm thankful I only have two brothers and they have never left the seat up. Cole must have been taught well because I have only caught him a couple times. How I wish boys would pee sitting down. I hate the noise of them peeing too. So disgusting!!! I am with you...if my next kid is a boy I will teach him to pee sitting down.
I know Jill taught james to sit and when I was young i thought it was weird....why i thought about it i don't even know. But with my boys, i did the same! They sit at my house as a rule, anywhere else is fair game....! Good work Erin.
Best.Blog.Post.Ever. Thanks for the belly laugh, Erin!
Oh Erin, I think you're cool! ;) And that is SICK. I know exactly what you are talking about. Thankfully us girls trained Ross to be clean and put the seat down. Andrew on the other hand needed a bit more of training! EW!
p.s. "the boy oh boy" title got me a little excited/butt hurt. Excited because I thought you might be announcing something! But then butt hurt that I found out through blog =) haha!
I don't think James and Matt knew they could pee standing up until they went to kindergarten. I'm still thinking girl though. Your mom deserved one!
erin i just love you !!!!!! brock gets a good talkin to when i find spots or even an unflushed toilet with the seat left up for proof !!!!
My oh my, that is disgusting! Luckily Chad only shared a bathroom with us girls for a short while so I never had to experience it until I got hitched! Boys are so gross, they can make a toilet dirty in one use! My boys will pee sitting as well!
Oh Erin! Do I laugh or cry? I haven't decided yet. I can agree with you though. Nick's friends are horrible with that - and we only have 1 bathroom. Icky!! This post is just too funny!
This is hilarious and makes me miss you so much erin! (I still remember that you hate capitals and I wondered how you didn't gag everywhere when you found the pee dribbles) I was so happy to see you write a comment on my blog. I have been trying to track you down for a while on this interweb. What is your email? I want you to email me and tell me how everything is with you guys. I'm so excited you're pregnant. We are pregers together then and I hope you have a girl too. Are you in Salt Lake? I would love to catch up... here is my email laura.chipman@gmail.com
xoxo
Laura
Post a Comment