
"i'm the best driver ever" that's all i ever hear when james gets behind the wheel!! aside from the twinge of arrogance and cockiness i will admit i do feel safe (most of the time) when james is driving, even though there have been a few close calls that made me hit him and scream a little. but they have been rare. however, i would never go as far to say he's the "best driver"because the only reason he claims this is because he has never been in an accident or gotten a ticket. to this i say that only makes you the luckiest driver because there have been lot's of times he should have been in the hot seat.fortunately our great debate finally met its match. on tuesday night we we went out for shakes, it was late, (much to late for shakes but we'll deal with the tubby issues later) as i was enjoying mine on the drive home james was holding his with one hand and driving with the other. then he started whining how unfair it was that i got to be eating mine while he had to just hold his. blah blah blah woes to the driver. well james impatients got the best of him, as the light turned red james decided that he was not going to wait any longer and instead of going straight he turned right in hopes to eat his shake sooner then later. we got about 20 feet down the street when the lights started flashing!!!!!!!!! i was so excited!! the best driver in the world was about to get his first ticket!!!!! hallelujah!! i only wish i had my camera and i could not stop my laughing. i think james was a little dumb founded. while not embarrassed or remorseful he definitely was about to learn his lesson! shakes and proof that i was right, this night could not be sweeter. but unfortunately it fell a little short. the cop didn't feel a need to give james a ticket!!!! what???? no ticket none! instead he just gleamed his light into james face and asked "do you know why i pulled you over? because you didn't stop at the red light!!!" not stopping at a red light is huge!!! he should have gotten a whooping fine! i was very distraught but at least i can still proclaim that i won the debate, he definetely is a lucky driver, i never would have been let off so easy. unfortunately he still see's this a being proof he's the best driver ever. i suppose this debate will never be won. i still have high hopes that he'll one day get busted!
5 comments:
Oh Man! I can't believe James got pulled over! That is a rarity, you should ask Haydn why he got pulled over last weekend, now that's a good story! PS-I hope this wasn't happened while I called you that night!
I personally think james is a scary driver. Picture James, a cocky 16 year old, driving Grandma and Grandpa Haslams toyota home from Moab with them in it. I looked over and he was hitting 100 miles per hour. Sweet grandma who would never yell at anyone told him to slow down this instant! It was pretty classic! Serves him right.
This sounds like my husband! Must be a male trait! Your blog is awesome! I love reading it! HOw are you? I miss everyone from WorkingRx... The good ole gang!
Cory and I were reading this together and cracking up! I totally relate because all I heard from Cory is how he had a perfect record...until he got a ticket one time driving down to St. George going 96...nevermind the hefty fine... Hallelujah!
Oh I just read Jana's comment and am loving it. He must have been pretty bad for Grandma Haslam to tell him to slow down!
Post a Comment