Friday, August 1, 2008

help me Obi-wan Kenobi... you're my only hope



happy birthday james!!!
James turned 25 today! old!!! and to celebrate I bought him absolutely nothing! ha! Really, i'm lying, well sort of. james is a hard one to shop for and his wish list only allowed room for one item...his new iphone, but since he had to buy this gift for himself I thought i'd surprise him with a little trickery! knowing james to be the true inner star wars geek I found an awesome sheet set in Pottery Barn Kids! so I gave in just a little and decided to buy him the pillowcases! (lucky for me, they didn't make the sheets big enough for our king bed! phew) well the the gift came, and after a fishy tale of making james believe I had really bought the items for his nephew (also a star wars fan) I convinced him that the package wasn't for him. But the plan was folly because when I went to wrap the gift the eve before his birthday i ripped open the package to find.....TWO FLOWER POWER FITTED CRIB SHEETS! what the junk?!? after rechecking the invoice, package, order confirmation etc. it was a proven fact that PB Kids had indeed screwed up my order big time. the force, I would say, was not with them! (ha james star wars humor is rubbing off!) so needless to say the one gift blew up like the death star and james was more surprised with the flower power girl sheets I had for him. I'm not sure how to take this experience, james thinks it's a sign that our first born will be a girl and PB kids has taken it upon itself to get me ready for the future! i guess we'll have to name her Leia if that's the case!!!!

No comments: