Wednesday, November 9, 2011

one!

it is not erroneous 
or baloneous 
that george lachoneus 
is one
the news is not phoneus
or felonoeus
we won't be parsimoneus (stingy etc.)
just cerimoneus
george lachoneus 
is one!  
yea!!
- grandmama jane


  one year down! in the famous words of grandmama jane, I blinked and george turned one! but I'll still squish and squeeze that sweet baby of mine! thanks to everyone who came and celebrated with us! george has awesome grandma's, grandpa's, aunts, uncles, cousins and friends who spoiled him rotten!
nothing better then balloons to get a party started!
george didn't quite get the concept of gifts, but everyone else had fun opening and playing with them!
he enjoyed the cake a little more, but still was a little unsure what all the commotion was about...
 I didn't have super, over the top high hopes for george's first birthday, but I did have a few simple dreams. I wanted a cake, a round chocolate one, when I allowed myself to be specific on some details. with blue icing and yellow stars. (don't ask me where that picture came from, it's just what I imagined).  In my attempts to keep the party low key and normal, I decided a box cake would be easiest, and in the end chocolate frosting would not only taste better, but be a lot simpler as well. I guess I really wasn't all the attached to my amazing first birthday wishes. Anywho, I made the cake and it's a good thing I had decided early on not to stress out about being an amazing birthday mom because....
it was a utter disaster! it was devastating, and really funny. who knew a birthday cake could be so difficult. it just split right down the middle. ha!
oh dear! james said it was a good thing I had decided to make sugar cookies last minute, I guess I should stick to my strengths because I can frost with perfection. 
 but, I couldn't give up on my cake. I decided to swirl it all together and smash it down flat, and with some of my dreams still intact I even managed to sprinkle on a few blue and yellow stars. 
 
and after that the day became about george once again, and I solemnly vowed that all future cakes will be bought, because even from a box I suck rocks!

Happy Birthday George!!!!!!
can't wait for another exciting year!!!




2 comments:

Lindsay said...

he is so stinking cute.. hard to believe he is already one :)

Ferrin Family said...

Happy Birthday George! That year went by fast!