over the weekend we ventured out of the norm, packed our bags and headed to....kemmerer wy! yee-ha! yep, we are pretty adventurous! exploring the cold, desolate unknown one small town at a time. But really Kemmerer isn't desolate, its home to james cousin, cole and his cute little family... and a few other people
but those numbers could be off, cole and jana had a baby three months ago...
so, what does one do in Kemmerer? not a whole lot. but thanks to Fossil Butte National Monument, our possibilities seemed endless!
we went on a 1.5 nature walk/hike, harder for those carrying children (or girth from a former year ago pregnancy...ahem...)
it was a really nice day, and the views were pretty sweet. we tried to capture the chillin's in the sweet element of wyoming. they weren't really having it.
we wrapped up the national park with a short trip to the visitors center. sadly, I didn't buy a souvenir. bummer. but pictures are memory enough.
james was lucky enough to visit the Chevron mine, aka cole's work place. James told me it was pretty cool. not just anyone can look that good in a truck and hard hat!
I also had the enjoyment of watching james and george synchronize their sleeping patterns. I came to wake them up and found them like this.
and then not 10 seconds later, both shifted simultaneously to this...
hahaha, like father like son!! I'm glad iphone cameras are so handy dandy! on our way out of town we sampled one of the three diner's Kemmerer has to offer and it was pretty good!
cole and jana know how to keep their visitors well fed, entertained and awestruck! we'll be back for more, we still have two diners to try and more nature to see! yea for wide open spaces!!! and family outside of utah. it was an excellent trip!







3 comments:
Fun!!! I feel like Jana living in a small town. Instead of cowboys we have other "interesting" people.
I see how it is, we just get a visit when you are passing through... :)
Thanks so much for coming. It was a blast having you guys here. We always love visitors!!
Post a Comment