Wednesday, January 13, 2010

with great power comes great resoponsibilty....

I made it, i finally graduated!!! yes for the second time in my life I have graduated from primary and was sustained into young women's. quite the feat I might add as most people only get to do it once, and I a humble servant, obtained the glory twice! (send praises and well wishes through commentary on said blog). so what does one do to obtain this greatness, well it's easy.

a) you have a really tiny rear end they think will fit ever so nicely into a chair made for children three years of age and younger.
b) you constantly go home for a mid church snack after sacrament meeting or
c) the good lord needs a deep belly laugh and knows if he puts a germaphobe, gag-reflexing, kiddie-phobic person in charge of 8 rambunctious snot nosed sunbeams for two straight years he'll fulfill his laughing needs every sunday from 2:20 to 4:00 (or pending on the current yearly rotation).

I'll let common sense guide you to the correct answer of how I obtained this magnified calling (and you don't need a measuring tape to know A was not the correct answer). It wasn't as bad as it might seem, yes the chairs were uncomfortable but I did learn and accomplish many difficult tasks such as, receiving an anatomy lesson from a three year old as she recalled the ways she knew she and her brother were different, how to avoid eye contact with a child when a greenish hue constantly blows in and out of their nose with the slightest of ease, running like the dickens to save yourself from the fella who isn't quite strong enough to pinch his cheeks before toots leak, reaking (literally) havoc on the spiritual lesson you were in the middle of teaching.

After I had mastered all these tasks to the best of my abilities it was clear to all those involved in bestowing me this calling that it was clearly time for me to move on (again) and accomplish the next round of childhood...teenagers!!! with three cheers I gladly accepted the calling, premature B.O couldn't be worse then underage flatulence right??? Of course my achievements and graduation (for the second time!) could not go unnoticed or unappluded, for only three short weeks after I was sustained, I was asked to (start holding breath here) SPEAK IN SACRAMENT MEETING!!!!!! ( release breath and yell "shut up",or "you're kidding" or "get out"or OMG! (g=gosh) in a shocking tone. I can't utter the real phrase I shouted for it's not appropriate for said teenagers I'm now rearing). I now have second thoughts about my sweet smelling sunbeams, green looks good on everyone, I shouldn't have been so hasty.

Whatever I missed my first graduation I'm slowly picking up on the second time around. and it's not so hot. I've informed my bishopric that the majority of the young women budget will have to be used on my anxiety meds for my belly and speaking do not mix. if the good lord was still in need a a few extra laughs i'm sure he'll be grinning ear to ear on January 31st!!!!

2 comments:

The Kent and Jennifer Wilcox Family said...

Oh Erin! I love you! HA ha ha ha ha. Now it's my turn to laugh at you! Or with you!

Marianne said...

Love you erin!! Are you still alive tonight?