Friday, November 13, 2009

Washington D.C.

James, my dad, my brother john and I headed out to washington d.c. to tour the nations capitol and brush up on a few history facts!! the trip was wonderful, the city was awesome, the weather was beautiful and the sites and monuments were spectacular! three cheers for history! (oh man how i love it) here are just a "few" of the highlights....
The White House
.... hail to the chief.....
The Capital Building
.... yea or nae....
The Library of Congress
.... having fun isn't hard when you own a library card....
(also my favorite part of the trip)
Smithsonian
....not your average smith...
Air and Space Museum
.... up, up and away....
Natural History Museum
.... it's all Nat- U- Ral .....
(and really boring per me)
Abraham Lincoln
...four score and seven years ago...
World War II Monument
....from Pearl Harbor to D-Day...
Washington Monument
.... I can not tell a lie....
and the view from the top....Fords Theater
...assassination of the 16th president...
Thomas Jefferson Monument
...author of the constitution...
Arlington National Cemetary
....on hallowed ground....
...The Changing of the Guard...
The Washington National Cathedral
...Please Contribute Generously...Mount Vernon
....Home Sweet Home....Washington D.C. Temple
...Holiness to the Lord...
If you got to the end of this pat yourself on the back and get to the Nation's capital sooner than later.

5 comments:

Bryan and Christy Clark said...

how cool! I haven't been there in like 7 years and I want to go back SO bad! Why did you guys go? Just for fun? And how come Jane didn't go?

McCall said...

Your pictures are awesome, it looks like you had a great time! Now I really want to go...

Cass said...

Yeah you have made me so excited to go back!! 2011 baby, I'll be there roaming the streets!

buttercupbugs said...

WOW You guys covered alot of ground! Great photos, it looked like you saw everything. So much history is there, I love history too. Hope you get to return soon, Thanks for sharing. xo/Judy

Lindsay said...

Wow what an awesome trip! I would love love love to go there. Thanks for sharing your photos, it makes me want to go there even more!