three years down and eons to go... today james and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary! it seems the norm for the all wives to gloat about their wonderful husbands at this time. but i think james can toot his own horn and i'm not sappy enough to play into that game so i thought i'd use today to serve another purpose. I'm breaking the mold and rebelling against the blogging norm...I'm going to chit chat about the annoyance of being a harman!!! gasp....hush hush hush, it's not what you think. I love being a harman, they are glorious people, however i'm not talking about the beings. I'm talking about the actual factual name and the letters that help build it!!! Although it has been weird in getting used to a new last name, i've always liked it. for pete sake I got to move up in the lunch line and on the school role my final years in college! and instead of my teacher calling me erin wilcock! (it's a x people, it makes a sssss sound, no abrupt ck included please, it's makes it sound a little to dirty) I got to hear the harmonious (no pun intended)sound of erin harman, much, much sweeter!! however, all sweet turns to sour when they try and spell it. an annoyance i've yet to overcome...
i was hoping by starting this blog i would be able to clear the air with a subtle hint. "HarmAn's not your neighborhood grocer." you see, the tag line states more then the obvious, we aren't grocers, but we also are not HarmOn's. and just to make things more clear i'll visually walk you through it. my new last name is spelled...drum roll please.... give me an h - a- r- m- A- n. And yes the last A is capitalized, I erin, who hate capitalization implore this letter to be seen and not just heard because it is sick and tired of being assumed as an ugly ghastly O!!!!!!! it's an A in all it's upright, tall, pointed glory.
so let it be known for all time forward that this harmAn family really and truly is not anything like your neighborhood grocer!!!
3 comments:
Amen!
Love it! Still struggling with mine... :)
Erin you are a crack up! Me and Cory were just reading that and laughing. That was great!
Post a Comment